defiant daughter

What can I do to restore peace in my home my daughter is mean and nasty to me and her dad she doesnt give a hoot if we tell her she needs to change her attitude she alwasy tells us in a nasty tone how she thinks its gonna be. I grounded her this weekend cause she threw a fit over her hair,she wouldnt go to school and she missed the bus and we ended up trying to get her into the car,that was a battle .She is gonna rip this family apart because my husband wont take her much longer.Last night she was being extremely helpful which was awesome and she thought I would let her be ungrounded,when I didnt she huffed and puffed threw a fit and said she wasnt gonna help me anymore. I of course was crying my eyes out cause she is just mean and nasty to her dad and I and theirs not much peace in this home. How do I stop her defiance she is only 12 if it doesnt stop now I know we'll be fist fighting and she will be pregnant. HELP!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Adolescence isn't easy. I had one after another go through it and it drove me nuts but it's best not to fight with her. It's hormones. Think of you during PMS. She can't help it when her hormones go nuts. Just don't take it personally.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• hmmm......have you tried sitting down and talking to her without the arguing and yelling?(im not saying you do) sometimes i think pre-teens.teens feel a little threatened by their peers, parents,teachers, etc... they think that we have no cluw whats going on in their lives and they dont stop to think they maybe we know what were talking about because we lived it. if she keeps talking back and not doing was she is told, you should find a way to punish her. does she have a cell phone? or and ipod? something that you can use as leverage. try not to dwell on the things she says to you that are hurtful. she is full of hormones and going through puberty, so sometimes she may say things that she doesnt really mean. dont worry mama you will get through this!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 2:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2010