how to get a kid to stop sucking the thuimb

my son will not keep his thumb out of his mouth and ive tried everything if tried socks on the hands, ive tried putting bad tasting stuff on his thumb nothing works

ladiematrix

Asked by ladiematrix at 2:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How to stop thumb sucking
    How can you help your child stop sucking their thumb? Learn here!
    www.essortment.com/all/stopthumbsucki_rhxo.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My daughter is 13, My sister 17 & my brother 21 & they all still suck thier thumb. I have no clue how ot get them to quit, My aunt sucked hers untill she was 30 & then one day she just quit
    racheal1977

Answer by racheal1977 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• what we did was read them books and videos on it and the harm and then we said if you stop you get to pick out a lot of toys each day you dont do it you get one we went to the dollar store bought a lot of nick nacks and we let them beaware of the harm but in a good way not scary
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 4:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I wish I knew the answer to that question as well... My 4 year old sucks her thumb and we have tried everything as well.... Nothing.... I mean NOTHING makes her stop! So if you get the answer... PLEASE let me know!
    hotmamalynch

Answer by hotmamalynch at 12:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Try putting just a tinny bit of hot sauce on their thumb that should make them stop it worked for my nephew.
    lacey416

Answer by lacey416 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2008