threatened miscarriage

The doctor said I had a threatened miscarriage does anyone know anything about this? Or been through it? I was about 5 weeks and started bleeding so I thought I had a miscarriage and went to the doctor and he said there could still be a baby in there..I have to go back to tomorrow and find out I'm so nervous...

aidensmama09

Asked by aidensmama09 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not sure but wanted to wish you luck!

<3
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 10:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• ((((hugs)))) I ended up losing my angel that night. I hope it is not something you will experience. My heart goes out to you the waiting and worrying is heart wrenching. I know you feel so helpless right now. I wish I had advice to make you feel better.  I'll be saying prayers for you tonight.

jjeni

Answer by jjeni at 10:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• heres a link that will be able to answer all your questions..
    https://health.google.com/health/ref/Miscarriage+-+threateneder
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I had 4 "threatened miscarriage" isssues with my daughter and 1 with my son. Both pregnancies ended well with healthy babies.

Any time you have bleeding during pregnancy even if it's the tinest amount they will tell you that you have a "threatened miscarriage." Most of the time it's just implantation or hormonal bleeding but sometimes it is an indicator that a miscarriage may be in the future.

I had period like bleeding with my son but nothing ever came of it. He's perfect and the pregnancy was too after that.
    Anonymous

• i had a threatened miscarriage in May of last year and then a week later found out no heart beat and i lost the baby 4 days later so for me it didnt go while

my friend had one with her daughter and shes a healthy 2 year old
    Anonymous

• It means it could happen, but may not. For you, it means more dr appointments and closer monitoring. I wish you the best. And, if the worst happens, you can always find support in the Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss support group here.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 11:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I know this is an older post but I was told today that I am also going through this. I have to wait until Wed to find out if I have lost the baby or not. So horrible to have to wait. I hope you recieved good news! I dont know how likely it is for everything to go normal but my Dr. didnt sound very optimistic in my case.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2010