up for 4 hours in the middle of the night

the past couple of nights my 10 month old hasn't wanted to sleep for part of the middle of the night... he would either be up 12-4am or 2-6am... but he doesn't do it all the time... but he wont let me put him in his crib without crying or screaming and i end up having to take him out and sit with him for a few hours... wondering if there is a way of avoiding this? i thought it might be caused by upset stomach/gas from the baby cereal ive been feeding him that i up'd his serving... or if it was teething pain but ive been giving him something to relieve that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine is teething and doing the same thing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I think that I would try laying him in your bed with you. It may help. Good Luck
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 10:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Only 4 hours? Lucky! My daughter used to stay awake most of the night. It was a miserable 2 years, but once she gave up naps at age 2, she started sleeping at night. Good luck!
    Anonymous