I recently found 5 gray hairs on my head :( I want to color my hair, should i do this now or wait until theres more gray? Thanks.

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• you could just color the couple of greys you have with a demi color or brush on a little bit of permanent color in that spot (if they're together)

Answer by angevil53 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• JUST 5!!!!??? Lucky lol! If you don't color your hair, goodness girl don't start now!! If you do use the semi perm color (the #2 boxes). I've colored my hair for 15 years roughly and now for the firs ttime am letting it grow out natural. BTW I am only 30 and have a mass load of silver hair lol. 4 kids will do that to ya! ^_^

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 10:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• just dont pull em out!

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• For just 5, I would pull them out. It's a myth that it will make more gray hair grow.

• Just cut them and not pull them

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Its really up to you... 5 greys isnt anything yet. I have tons now and they started in the fringe and sides first and I get my hair professionally done

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• The grey is only just starting with me too but I won't colour until it becomes noticeable.  I'm 46 and my hair is still naturally soft and shiny, so since colouring damages your hair, I'm going to hold off for as long as possible.

Answer by beeky at 10:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Cut them out. Pulling isn't good. Don't color. Once you start you have to keep it up.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• op here. thanks girls, i just started getting them and am a little sad. didnt expect them yet i guess. I think i'll just cut them and put my hair coloring idea on the back burner......for now, lol.

• try something bright and new, and go ahead lady you deserve it!

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2010