is it ok that my baby is 7 months and she still likes to be swaddled?

I am a ftm and i want to know if its going to do her any harm? like growth wise or just ANY harm at all

*ftm=first time mom*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my sd was swaddled until she was about 18 months by her daddy--- she is a very timid child and that is how she felt secure. She has developed very well, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it. My dd on the other hand will not be swaddled ever. She has hated it from day 1.
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• i dont think so.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• How often is she in a swaddle? I think it would only do harm to her development if she was in the swaddle a lot because she wouldn't have her hands and legs free to develop motor skills like picking things up and playing etc. and rolling over and stuff.
    Anonymous

• Dr Jim (pediatrician) on The Doctors said the other day to not swaddle them after a few months but I don't remember the reason. I'd ask my pediatrician and see what he/she says.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• well i swaddle her every time she sleeps..and she is developing fine..she rolls over,picks up everything and puts it straight to her mouth lol. and she's trying to crawl. she also wont sleep unless i swaddle her
    Anonymous

• If you are just swaddling her to go to sleep then I don't see anything wrong with that at all. I just would make sure not to do it during the day.
    Anonymous

• well if i dont do it during the day the she wont take a nap..
    Anonymous