he wont eat

My almost 2 year old son has decided in the last few days that he does not want to eat at all unless its dog food (not that I let him eat it but I have to feed the animals too.) candy or katsup. And he doesn’t want to drink anything but pop (not that I let him have it he has a little sprite when we eat out once in a grate while.) and I don’t know what to do I’ve tried giving him diff things and it don’t help.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 10:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son tried it...I do not believe in feeding junk just to get him to eat. I continued to put only healthy, nutritious, well-balanced meals in front of him and trying to get him to eat...he did not starve because kids can survive on very little food. LOL Eventually, he just ate because he knew it was going to be put in front of him anyway.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My son did that about 2 also. The WIC nurse said to just feed him ice cream so he gets his calcium. I did that then added mac & cheese and other things he ate before he stopped eating. He won't do this for long.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2010