why wont she!!!!?

my baby is almost 8 months and she wont sleep through the night! I give her a bath every night and even massage her with lavender baby oil. she just wont sleep through the night..i also feed her cereal(the doctor told me it would help her sleep better bc she will be full) and she always wakes up hungry..no matter how much i feed her.any advice.? my dh and i are desperate!

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not every baby sleeps through the night that soon. My mom said I didn't sleep through the night until I was 18 months old.
    Anonymous

• Are you letting her nap too long during the day?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• no she only takes 30 mins to an hour naps during the day, then she wakes up by herself
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• How many time does she wake up during the night? My son is 8 months old and goes to bed at 9pm, will usually sleep till about 3 or 4, wakes up to eat, then goes back to bed until about 7 or 8. He also only takes 30 min naps during the day. If she is waking up only once, then I would consider yourself lucky.
    Anonymous

• well she will go to asleep around 9pm as well and then wake up at 1 or 1.30 to eat, then wake up again at 4.30 to eat and then wake up at 6 or 7am to be up for the rest of the day
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• There's nothing you can really do, unless you want to let her cry it out. Some babies sleep all night early on, and some don't. My first was sleeping 12 hours at 2.5 months and has done that ever since (he's almost 3). My second just turned a year old, and still wakes up 2-3 times a night to nurse. It's just the way it is.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2010