7th Generation...does it work?

I've been seeing a lot of ads for 7th Generation cleaning supplies. I need to buy refills for my all purpose spray (Lysol kitchen and bath) and thought about giving it a try. Do the products work as well as the Lysol products?

indymom22

Asked by indymom22 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use Seventh Generation and I like them a lot. I've never used Lysol products, so I can't answer you on the comparison. I also don't use their spray. I use the dishwashing liquid and the dishwasher detergent. I had a huge bottle of 409 before I switched to using more environmentally friendly products and I'm only just now on the last of that. I used to use the laundry detergent and liked it fine, too. The only reason I don't use it now is because we use cloth diapers and from what I've read online they aren't as good with the cloth diapers. They have softeners even in the Free and Clear one. So I just switched all the laundry over to a new detergent.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• They are great. So are home made cleaners, which cost a lot less.
    This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Their products are nice but expensive, which is why I make my own cleaners, the basic even simpler recipe for an all purpose cleaner is 2 parts water 1 part white vinegar....vinegar is a natural anti-bacterial agent. And for penies you have cleaner.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i use vinegar water in the bathroom. i like the 7th gen'n automatic dish detergent.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• So it cleans like vinegar? Blech...I don't like the way vinegar cleans at all, other than glass.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2010