Is it normal that my 14 month old only has 6 teeth?

I was just wondering if it is normal that my 14 month old daughter only has 6 teeth. My oldest had about 12 teeth by the time she turned one so I am in shock that my youngest only has 6 and she is over a year. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Who would I talk to about this if this isn't a normal thing?

pcricket1008

Asked by pcricket1008 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Completely. Babies get teeth at their own rate. I've had church friends who feel blessed when there's had 2 teeth by that age. I wouldn't worry about it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Not just normal but lucky. The longer teeth tae to come in the stronger the permanent teeth will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• when my dd was 14mo she only had 4 teeth. yep, normal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• my 18 month old daughter also has 6 teeth. So I would say that's normal. Maybe it is less than "Normal" but there is nothing wrong with it.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 12:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2010