I just want some thoughts.

I am 19 years old(20 in Nov.) and i have a 2 year old (3 in sept.) i just recently found out i was pregnant again! i was on birth control and using protection. My birth control was suppose to work for 5 years but only worked for 2 1/2years. i am with the same guy the father to my first child but i am under alot of stress now! I am obviuosly gonna keep the baby i would never do anything else but take care of my baby. I just did not plan to have another child so soon. it makes me embarrased that im pregnant. since i am only 19. i have my own place.my own car. and i work alot to take care of my family. i am pretty mature for my age. i dont party anymore and i do everything i am suppose to do having a child. i just want some thoughts. it just makes me feel bad for some reason, PLEASE DONT LEAVE ANY RUDE COMMENTS. just keep them to yourself please. cafemom is suppose to be for moms to talk nice to each other and help each other out

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 11:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont see anything wrong with it. i had my dd at 18. she turned 3 today! and im 3 months pregnant. ya its a little emberassing to be such a young mom, i feel that too. but as long as you are happy with who you are and are taking care of your family you should be proud. its hard to grow up fast, and i think its something you should be proud of.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My 3rd is here for the same reason. I was on the pill and using condoms (just to be safe) just like you. It sounds like you were meant to have this little angel. I know that's what mine is.
    Just know that for right now it's normal to be sad and have any emotions that you are (short of suicide or murder). I cried for 3 months strait (when I wasn't puking my guts out that is).
    Good Luck and remember that babies are gifts from God.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:01 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• BTW I was barely 23 when I had my last one.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i don't think u should feel bad atall
    u r in a stable relationship and u seem financially stable, ur 1st child will be about 3 when the new bub arrives which is a pretty good age gap between children
    u weren't careless.......i would just consider the child as a beautiful gift from God.....good luck :)
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• what matters is, is that your taking care of business. your doing what your supposed to be doing as a mom. I bet it was tough to have your little one at 17, but you are stepping up to the plate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I dont think its bad! :) I am 21 with a 2 year old and expecting my second. I am married to the father of my children now and yes i am college and young, but hey- at least we will have the energy to do fun things with them especially when they are older- childrens museums and what not! :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I think you should be very proud, a lot of young mom's that i know don't even take care of their children, their parent's, grandparent's, aunt's or uncle's take care of them ! But it sound's like your on the right tract, just feeling a little overwhelmed by the thing's people may think, but don't worry about that. I was 16 when I had my son, so I know how it feel's to be constantly judged by people.

colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Listen, whether you're 19 or 29, if you weren't ready for another one, it's always a shock. Don't be embarrassed though...you seem to be a responsible mother that takes care of her family. You know, every thing does happen for a reason, you might not know why at the time, but it's true. I'll tell you that my son was 8 months old when we found out I was pregnant again. I DEFINITELY didn't want another one so soon(we were also on birth control), but it happened anyways. A year later, my husband was diagnosed with cancer and now we're unable to have anymore. So, MaKenzie is our "happy accident".

I don't want to get you worried or anything by what happened to me, but that's just what I mean....we didn't know why we had Kenzie so soon, but now we do. Good luck mama!!!!!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Some of the most wonderful, caring, and mature mothers I know are only 18 years old. In fact I know a girl who is probably one of the maturest mothers of her age, and she is 18 with 2 kids (she pretty much had them back to back)She is married and works her little booty off, I've met mothers at 30 who still party, and never see their kids. Age is only a number when it comes to parenting, it depends on the person to step up and be a parent. You shouldn't be embarrassed at all, you should be proud. Because there are women out there at ages 20, 30,and sometimes even 40 that still can't take care of the babies they continue to pop out! Anyway good luck!And remember, who cares what everyone else thinks you know you're a good mommy and I bet your little one does too!
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I'm 21 with a 4 year old and twins on the way. My hubby and I have been married for 3 years...and I sometimes get that same feeling of embarrassment being such a young mom, but you just have to know that if you're mature and doing everything you can to provide for your family there's nothing to be embarrassed about. My husband works full time, and I work 3 days a week and make almost as much as he does and we're doing great. We own a house and have 2 cars, 1 of which is paid off completely and before the babies are born we'll have our 2008 jeep paid off completely. It's normal to feel sad right now, just remember your a good mom and doing everything you can to provide for your kids! This little one is a blessing, it was meant to happen for a reason!
    Anonymous