What is this dirt looking stuff behind my neck?

I usually wear my hair down well the other day it was so hot that I picked my hair up and noticed I had this darkness behind my neck... WTF? I do have a little thickness to me around there :( if that helps any.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Health

• You dont know if is diabetes yet....for what i say and the others above, consult the doctor anyways

Acanthosis nigricans is a skin condition characterized by dark, thick, velvety skin in body folds and creases. Most often, acanthosis nigricans affects your armpits, groin and neck.

With acanthosis nigricans, you may naturally be concerned about the appearance of your skin. Some steps may help lighten the affected areas of your skin. There's no specific treatment for acanthosis nigricans — but treating any underlying conditions, such as diabetes and obesity, may cause the changes in your skin changes to fade

Taniaengel

Answer by Taniaengel at 4:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• maybe hair dye? look under your arms and see if your pits are dark too. if they are you might want to get checked for diabetes.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• GRIME. Cotton ball soaked in alcohol to clean the front and the back of your neck to clean it. It will be gone soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Does it smell like old cheese?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Sounds like you need to wash your neck...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Dirt or darker in that area? Because darkening around the neck is a sign of diabetes starting or proness.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• This is a classic sign of diabetes. Get to a doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Bump to the person above me!
    Anonymous