Do you find videos and music such as....

Lady Gaga and Beyonce extremely offensive and scary that our children our idolizing this crap? I watched the video on her website tonight after hearing something in the news about what other countries think about Lady Gaga in particular. I am outraged that people are endorsing that kind of crap. I'm trying to recall back when singers such as Ozzy Osbourne were extreme. Now, he looks like Sesame Street compared to that stuff. Just curious is anyone else is seeing this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "we harm our children more than a few singers and actors can".

True. However, kids minds are so impressive and the stuff they put in there at a young age becomes so ingrained in there. Why would you want that to be a part of them? They are so beautiful and pure and open to all the good in the world if we let them be.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• ke$ha is bad too
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• oh crap theres nothing wrong with Lady GaGa or Kesha there not the bad influence on our children we harm our children more than a few singers and actors can. don't blame your bad parenting on others thats the easy way out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well the responsibility lies with the parents. You don't like their influence... there are many ways to make it where they are not influences. Parental locks on TVs, computers, etc. If you don't agree with the music, movie, video game, don't buy it. Realistically you can not shelter them forever. But I know I will do my part and monitor what my children do. I saw a commercial and it was a teen girl talking about how her mom went through her phone and it was an invasion of privacy and she should have asked first. I laughed and looked at my husband and said "not if I paid for it". Why would I ask to see your phone that I pay for? Ha, I will have random phone and computer checks. Kids nowadays think they are entitled to too much. My kids will HATE me and I am A OK with that! :P
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• It's about parenting and setting age appropriate limits.. I have a 8 and 5 year old. Every musician they are into, I am right there with them watching the videos, youtube, etc. I am fortunate their friends moms are also my friends, so we are very good at staying on top of their celebrity 'influences"... As they get older, we'll see. A lot of it has to do with the communication style parents have with their kids. and understanding WHY they find certain celebs/performers appealing..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I will say, while volunteering in my daughters school. One of the kindergartners was singing Lady Gaga, Telephone. She told me she is online with her teen age sister till midnight watching lady gaga... My first impression was that the parents are letting the teenager set the limits for the 5 year old.. Sad..... jmo
    I prefer to stick with Radio Disney on XM... It's current music that our entire family can listen to and be assured it is kid approrpiate...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• And that is what is wrong with America today. Young adults and youth.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Oh goodness it never ends does it?! I grew up listening to punk and alternative and my my Mom freaked out. I never killed anyone, or stole anything. Takes more than music to cause that! Music changes but parents never change their tune do they?!! LOL!!!
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 8:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• AtumnLybbie, I still listen to Violent Femmes, The The, 9 inch nails, etc... But there is a time and place for everything. My 5 year old doesn't need to be listening to that. When she is in high school/college, perhaps.. But at 5??? NO 5 year old should even know the music to Telephone by Lady Gaga, let alone watch the video online. You parent your way. I will gladly parent mine.. ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have a brother who is 8 years older than me. I used to listen to Cheech and Chong when I was 5 or so because he had the records!!! If you parent at all the music isn't going to turn your kids evil!!
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 9:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2010