What are the signs that your kid is ready for potty training?

He is 2 and 4 months. He says some words but I don't feel that he is communicating enough so that I can talk to him about this. What other signs might he use to show me that he wants to be over with the diapers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wanting to take the diaper all the time. Wanting the diaper off right after going. Grabing his area before he goes...that shows that he knows the feeling before it happens. If you do feel that he is ready, buy the cloth pullups, there just like undies but thicker in the area...you have to buy plastic things to go over them too cause they may stop the pee from going on the floor, but the pullup will be wet. I used those for my girl, it worked pretty good.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• waking up dry, being able to pull pants up and down...shows an interest, talks about the potty.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Doenst want the diaper on dry or dirty. Is not scare to sit in the potty there are more but, those 2 were the once that did it for me..
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 1:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2010