Congested baby :(

My almost 11 month old sounds stuffy and congested. I don't notice it during the day, but when she goes to bed and is nursing she stops to breathe through her mouth:( I know it will run it's course but is there something I can do or give her to make her breathe easier? I have tried the nasal aspiratir and she hates it but I do suck slot out. But then she cries and I think it makes her more stuffy and worse. I also have saline drops that I have been putting in just to try to flush out everything,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby Vicks might help, or a vaporizer...they tend to help baby breathe better. Also, if you can, Hold her as much as possible. Believe it or not, she will take some of your strength from you. I have many chiropractors in my family, and they will all tell you that they can feel themselves give strength to patients who are sick (not just misaligned). They come home dragging at the end of the day if they have had sick patients. She will get well faster if you can hold her more...and she will appreciate you being there, too. So find a good rocking chair and enjoy your baby, even when she is sick! They grow up so fast!!
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 1:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• were giving my daughter sutafed(sp?) PE. every 6 hours she gets 1.5 mL, she weights 16 pounds. call your doc or on-call for dosage. we also have a humidifier in her room and are doing a saline treatments, iot helping so far. Best of luck!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• run the shower with hot water and sit on the toilet with her. the steam with help clear out her passage ways. also that vicks vapor rub. and lift her head of mattress in her crib. thats what the doctor told me when my son had pnemonia. and it really helped. just put a pillow under her matress it helps it drain down instead of getting clogged.
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 2:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• If you do use Vicks vapor rub I was always told to never take them outside do to there pores are all open! So I only did it at night when I put them down for bed. Goodluck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2010