Should I be worried?

I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant and for the last month I've been going to the doctor twice a week to have a non-stress test done, and to have ultrasounds done to check the amniotic fluid, Everytime I go they say everything is fine, I started going twice a week because of the non-stress test, and then they added the fluid checking..Also, I started going weekly eariler then normal because of high b/p but now my b/p is good, and they keep saying i'm good. Should I be concerned?A friend said it wasn't normal for them to be doing this weekly without a concern?

skylarsmommy24

Asked by skylarsmommy24 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think around 36 weeks is when I started going in once a week. You only have 4 weeks left and that's when they want to see you regularly. If anything they are probably wanting to keep an extra eye on you and baby just to make sure nothing will happen or have a better chance of catching "it" before it happens. If they say everything is good, then it is.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I agree. It sounds like they're wanting to keep an eye on you just to be safe, not that there's anything wrong. This way, they'll know IF something goes wrong, and be on top of it. If there was something already wrong and they were doing this because of that, they would tell you. So, instead of looking at it as something to make you worried, I would try to look at it as a re-assurance - because it means that it's very unlikely that if something goes wrong they'll miss it, or not find it until it's too late.

It just means your Dr is on the ball, and making sure that he/she is taking the best, most attentive care of you that they can :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• All they are doing is being safe. Normally at 36 weeks no matter what problems you are having you can being doing perfectly fine but you will still start going every week and then soon after every two weeks. They are just being safe no worries!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2010