ok this is sad, what would you do if you saw a 8 yr old girl on rollerblades holding a baby for 3 hrs outside until 9:30 pm?

The Mom of these children don't stay outside and watch her 9 children! The 8 yr old was on roller-blades going down a slide holding the baby, and then the little boy with the baby in the stroller took off on his roller-blades as fast as he could almost knocking over the stroller. I almost wanted to complain to the mother or call CPS the baby stayed outside until 9:30 pm then finally the Mom came out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• She has 9 children and it sounds like she has kept them. Just being outside isn't enough to be a problem unless there are laws in your state about the minimum age a child can be to be a babysitter.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Those 8 year olds and little boys have to be kids themselves, they should not be babysitting. First of all, the babies should be on a schedule and what are they doing outside at 9:30 p.m. and what was the mom doing at the time. I would not judge, but if I were you I would go over the next day, depending on how friendly you are with her and mention what you saw the night before. Say that that is a bit risky for 8 year olds on rollerskates to hold a baby, just let her know that you saw it don't mention anything about social services but by you talking about it with her will make her realize that if you don't call, someone else will.
    EricandAndreMom

Answer by EricandAndreMom at 3:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Wow yeah, I 'd go talk to her. How old is the baby? Regardless of age there is no reason for her 8 yr. olds to be watching a baby OUTSIDE unsupervised. They are kids not built in babysitters. Its very dangerous and it needs to be addressed. If she does it again I personally would call CPS. I'd make sure I have proof. Video or pictures or something.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Call the cops!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well sounds like something else might be going on. Mom was inside for 3 hrs straight? I'm sorry but it sounds like mommy is neglecting these kids. That's aweful. I mean think about it. That's the equivelent of leaving a baby outside till 9:30 unsupervised because IMO the 8 yr old is not a babysitter! What would I do? If I saw it again I think I would have to call. :/
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 7:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• That totally sounds like neglect to me. If that is going on outside...who knows what is going on inside. Call CPS for the sake of the kids.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I would call CPS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Are they being abused? Not feed? Was there a window open that maybe the mother was watching them out of? Could you hear if the mother called through the window at them? If you are just going off the fact the baby was out until 9:30, I wouldn't do anything. Just because your kids have to be in earlier, doesn't mean everyone's kids are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Going down a slide holding a baby while wearing rollerblades has got to qualify as child endangerment. Call CPS or talk to the mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• It's wrong for an 8 yr old to be un attended for very long periods of time. In my relm of reality, a 8 yr old is not mature enough to baby sit an infant or baby. Holding a baby while wearing rollerblades is crazy,no matter what age a person is,let alone going down a slide in them w/a baby!
    You should give "MOM" a heads up~Honey,you had better watch those kids OR Someone may be calling CPS. Keep your eyes open and if you see anything else weird I'd say call;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2010