Have you ever used Chantix to quit smoking?

I just wanted to hear any success stories, or failure stories for that matter.

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Health

• My mom used Chantix to quit smoking. It work for her, but she started smoking again about 5 months later. You really have to use all the info they give you, about chaning habits, what your triggers are, and how to avoid starting again. Just using the pill isn't 100% (or even 75%) affective.

Answer by sapient at 12:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I know several people who have used it with great results. NOT ME!! It gave me nightmares, BAD BAD gas and I had daytime hallucinations!!! I"m told it works for ALLOT of people. To bad i'm not one of them.  BTW  your insurance WONT pay for it.  It's about $150. per month.

Answer by vbruno at 2:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My hubby quit a year ago using chantix & he liked it, He did not have nightmares, he had really good dreams, Only down fall from quitting was he gained 100 pounds

Answer by racheal1977 at 2:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant.

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I used chantix, and it didn't give me quote on quote nightmares, but very strange dreams, kinda like being pregnant and getting those oh so real dreams, and it worked. My insurance company did pay for it also, all i paid was my co-pay. It did make me feel a litle nausea once the dose went up, but it wasn't bad. The only problem is that chantix had a recall on it, I do believe. Someone told me that they found out that it could cause cancer??? You should look into that before getting it. But anyway, it only took me 2 weeks of using to quit, and every medication comes with a long list of "possible" side effects

Answer by kfrank214 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2008