tubed tied

DH and I decided after birth of our #2 that we don't want any more kids. At the time of #2 birth, I didn't want any permanent bc. Now I want my tubes tied so I don't have to worrry with bc messing up my hormones and stuff. What is the procedure for getting your tubes tied? I would like for hubby to get "fixed" instead, but I have health insurance and he doesn't... how much would that procedure be and how do they do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got mine tied after our 3rd was born, he was born c-section and the doc actually had to remove my tubes - I was bleeding out and added to the fact I'm pushing 40 we figured might as well. I'm not sure how they would do it after you give birth, but it didn't seem like it was too much of a big deal on top of the c-section.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I am having my 4th boy this thursday. I am almost 40yrs old and am done having children. I got preg with this baby using an IUD do i decided getting my tubes tied soon after delivery was my best option. my husband doesnt have health insurance and i do, but only during preg. and 60days after. I am NOT getting a c-section done, so they will do the procedure with a small inscision through my belly button....laproscopically.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2010