Can you still do a drug test(using urine) when you are on your period?

Maybe a stupid question,but I am on my period and I have to take a drug test this week. Do I need to tell them and have them reshedule? How does that work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• achually yes I had to get a drug test when I started this job I had before my kids were born and they set me for a drug test I asked the boss if she could set it for next week, but didn't tell her why and when I got there I told them I was on my period they said that was ok they made me do a urine drug test anyway
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yes, I've done pee tests while on my period. It uh, changed the appearance of the pee, but they've seen it all in the pee lab. They did call to confirm that I was on my period (and not peeing blood) and it was fine. IDK if it was a drug test or something else, but it worked out fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• yes you can i have done it to get a job
    jessle

Answer by jessle at 8:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yep
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• yes. I suggest you take advantage of the sanatizing wipe and maybe have a tampon so they don't think you're dying but even if you don't, its fine. blood isn't drugs and that's all they're interested in.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2010