I ordered some HBB leads for my biz quite a while back.... and quit calling people because of the responses I was getting. I still have a ton I can call, but I bought them about 2 months ago. Should I still go thru and call them or not bother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Honestly leads of phone numbers is almost a waste....no one likes cold calls and thesedays many may even be on the do not call list if the company you got them from is a lesser known unreliable business.

With our carpet claning business we've purchased leads with addresses of married women in the higher end enighborhoos with houses valued at over $200,000 to send post cards or letters to with great success. These days I know what streets I want to send post cards to and I just use the reverse address lookup at whitepages.com, I type in the street name and I get the names of the listed people on that street and most tend to be listed)! Saves me money on the leads and it's an endless supply of names and addresses that I can send to the specific streets I want to.

However, if you want to try and recoup your losses with the phone numbers get a book on cold calling to ensure how you open the convo goes the right way for you
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with using leads and if you don't have the time to put in to generating your own leads, buying them is not a bad option. Depending on your product, there is no reason you can call them and possibly get recruits or even purchases out of those old leads. Some companies even sell leads up to 6 months old...

I wish I could only use leads... It would make my life much easier! I have always preferred cold calling to personal lead generation, but I do lead generation because I know that's what my team needs help with and if I don't do it, they won't master it... So I use them in conjunction with one another. Alter your presentation so that you are talking about the product more than the opportunity. Once you sell them on the product, bringing them on to the business is easy. And it's a great way to build sales as well, because even if they aren't interested in the opp, they may buy the product.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Your time will be better spent getting out and networking your butt off.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Circumstances change, keep calling them, if they are not interested ask if you can keep them updates on your progress and see how they are doing.

I like to make my own leads. Right now the best way to generate leads is to be out in your area. If you are shy or want mass leads for your money I would recommend Money cards. Check out more ideas and get a link to order your cards on EmmaWeekly.com
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2010