Did you go to Driving School?

How did you?/How are you planning to learn how to drive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm in Texas...my mom taught me and we kept track of when she was spossed to be teaching me. You had to have so many hours of book learning and so many hours of actual driving. Then I went and took the written portion of the drivers test and got my permit. Then when I turned 16 they gave me my license.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 9:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Here in NC it's required before teens get their permit, so yes I went. It was done through the schools, but I'm sure you could google driving schools in your area and find one. However, it's really not rocket science and a good friend or spouse could do just as good a job teaching you everything you need ti know, for cheaper!

Answer by missanc at 8:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I had a wacky packy as he called himself.From Pakistan, He was really a nutty instructor playing the religious trance music from India and Pakistan.He was always on the phone.He wasas funny as hell..........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Noo my Dad taught me. lol. So did my bf..now dh. ;)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I tried learning in high school and that didn't work. When I was 20, I paid some one to teach me because I didn't have anyone to teach me. I, however, taught my husband how to drive and helped teach my mother-in-law a bit.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• yes, drivers ed is required here to get a license
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My boyfriend taught me, but i think they require drivers ed in CA now.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• It was required, in CA, at the time. It probably still is. I got my license in 1995. I took driver's ed in school, as required. Then, I went to a separate driving school (also required) that my parents paid for, for behind the wheel training.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• NO...I had only driven maybe 4 times before I got my DL in California.I didnt get my Dl until I was 18 though.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• In MI, where I grew up, it was required. There were so many hours for class time and road time. It was a really good thing and I am so surprised, and a bit disturbed, by the fact that it is not required here in TN. My son will definitely go through a private driving school when he is old enough to start learning.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2010