More and more businesses accepting Food Stamps. What do you think of restaurants accepting FS?

It wouldn't be a surprise if tomorrow restaurants announce that they will start accepting Food Stamps.

Socialism????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Seriously, while all of you are chowing down on your ten dollar salad, bitching about paying taxes so people can get foodstams, do you ever think about the kids who go hungry every night because their parents can't get a job or afford groceries?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• nope, you should not be able to use FS at restaurants... too much money for not enough food
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I think this will work only for families where both parents work and are eligible for FS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I doubt restaurants will start taking food stamps. Even at the grocery store, food from the hot box couldn't be paid with food stamps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• McDonalds accepting FS. Now that's a thought!
    Anonymous

• I don't really care. It's the restaurant's prerogative to take whatever means of payment they want. As long as it's legal, it's none of my business. Just like what people buy at the store with food stamps. I don't care what they buy either. They are the one's that have to make the money last the amount of time it's supposed to cover. If they spend the money of stuff that doesn't last, that's on them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• 7-11 and most gas stations already do...

now what on earth can you get to feed your family there... that isn't chips, candy or a slurpee?!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• You CANNOT buy hot, precooked meals with Food Stamps, so I do not see this happening any time soon.

Answer by older at 9:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I think that will never happen, on second hand, with Obama as president I don't think I can cut out any social benefit .
    Having said that, the reasons it shouldn't happen is the waste it would cause. People who use food stamps get a measured amount depending on the number of people that need to be fed. This money comes from the state revenue and that is our tax money. They need to be responsible with that amount to get the most of it. Restaurant food is expensive and therefor wasteful of the money they get. Probably the reason it's not allowed today.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• You can't buy hot or prepared food with food stamps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Apr. 19, 2010