i realize u dont get more then u can handle but im reaching my limit.

My grandma who raised me, had a stroke, my son is beening tested for jr diabetes also havaing blood test for thyroid and white blood cell count cuz he has headaches. He's 4. My husband just went back to work and won't get a check til Friday but we have shut off notices for water and ohio edison. I'm emailed them to ask for extensions but scared they will turn me down. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me, comfort words, prays anything.

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I had my water shut off for 3 days recently, I'm not sure what kind of system they have where you are, but my husband just walked out there and turned it back on. If you have a box meter in the ground in your front yard, I think you can do it to. just turn it a 1/4 turn and listen for running water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Go out into the quietest corner of the yard and take some deep breaths. Try to focus on being calm and still. Pick a sentence that you find strengthening - Mine is just " I can do this, and I will" Keep breathing. Your son is okay right now and is getting help. A cheque is coming on Friday. Your husband has a job. Utilities can be re-installed even if they are disconnected, many companies will allow you leeway if they know a cheque is coming, You can do this, and one day, you will look back and say " yep it was crap but I learned I have more strength than I ever imagined" , hang in there Momma, the best is yet to be!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I completely understand your situation...as the pp stated, go outside and take a deep breath... just focus on knowing that YOU WILL GET THRU THIS... believe me, It is what I tell myself daily knowing that something I am going thru most likely isn't the worst someone else IS going thru...
    Your son will be fine, just listen to the dr's and if nothing feels right to you, get another opinion ... It's good that your dh has gotten a job, many are still looking. Try phoning your utility companies and see if they can extend (many do) a few days to you.. if not , they can be turned back on... I am having my gas (only my furnace runs on it) off bc we had a financial hick-up and with it off, I can make payments that fit my pocket book and then have it turned back on....
    You worry about what you can take care of right now... As for your gm, is she living with you? maybe other family members can help too?
    (((HUGS)))
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• God Bless You. Just remember,that you are strong! You will get through this.
    Prayers ((Hugs))
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 10:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I will bless you, but I do suggest you follow JOB and praise Yahweh in all situations. Also trust he will take care of you. Draw closer to him and read this..Matthew 6:25-34..blessings...
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I meant I will pray for you, lol, don't know where the blessings came from. LOL
    Daphna28

• Thank you everyone! Just heard from water company and they r going to let me pay on Friday!
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• When I get like that I just keep giving praise. I tell God that these are His problems and He needs to fix them and I just give praise until He does.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I'm sorry you are in this problem now. If it makes you feel better I deal with way more than I can handle on a daily basis. I get through it my knowing that it could always be worse. I always overcome what I am dealing with and you will to. If I can do it every day you will be fine. I Hope you feel relief soon.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Jaime.. You are right He won't give you more than you can handle. He loves you so much and knows the struggles you are having right now but He also has a plan... a glorious plan. I encourage you to remember who you are in Him and to find rest under the shadow of His wings.... Ps 91 is a good psalm to read when you are going through stuff like this. I pray you find that peace in the storm... the eye of the storm where you can rest no matter what is whirling around you!
    I understand these storms.. I am in the middle of one now and sure its scary but I have chosen to put my trust in Him and allow HIM to lead and carry what is not mine to carry! He wants you to know that He truly truly loves you and He has you in the palm of His hand. He is in charge... just rest.... rest and rest in Him. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2010