Is this weird? Or am I making too much of it?

OK so to get to the is this weird part, I have to give a little of the back story. My husband and I are getting a divorce because he cheated on me. It was with a girl we both worked with so I know her and everyone that worked there knows all three of us. It was a big scandal.

So I have been dying my hair black for almost two years now. Gotta cover those grays know what I'm sayin'? Anyway, the ex has still been seeing this girl and I found out last night she has a new haircolor, black. So this guy I have been sort of dating who works with her said something like "trying to look like the ex?" to her last night and she started to cry.

Is that weird? Of all the colors why black? Is she trying to look like me?

viola_swamp

Asked by viola_swamp at 9:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• haha, I think considering your situation, that's a victory point for you :P sorry, I'm not usually petty but infidelity isn't high on my list of things I should be nice about! I think on some subconsious level, she was trying to take your place by looking like you. Any woman who would go after a married man is insecure so it shouldn't be surprising that she now feels like she's in your shadow even though broke you two up. Keep your head high! Maybe get a pretty haircut and joke that you didn't want to be mistaken for the homewrecker...ok maybe not :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yeah, I think that is a little weird. Unless of course she is always changing her hair color. Then it just might be her flavor of the month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Idk, but I chuckled that she cried.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• mrs pulley, that's funny!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• It's very possib;e. Maybe she has some kind of infatuation with you, maybe that is part of the reason she slept with your ex (sorry about that, what a crappy spot to be in, do all three of you still work there?)

I have seen this before. I worked at a neat place once where everyone, including the owner & his wife, were very buddy buddy with each other. WELL, one of the chicks slept with the owner & did the same exact thing.....she dyed her hair blonde & cut it JUST like the owners wife. IT was VERY creepy. But, we eventually found out that she was obsessed with the owners wife. I guess she wanted her life. It was really odd.

Does your ex like black hair maybe? Are you not worried that this chick might try something with your new boyfriend?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• "Maybe get a pretty haircut and joke that you didn't want to be mistaken for the homewrecker"

Now THAT is hilarious...i think you should do it!!!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• haha at least SOMEONE brought it to her attention! if she never once dyed it black in all her life then it might be a little creepy but i have dyed my hair since high school and ive always dyed it blonde and im a natural brunette. ive recently in my adult years dyed it black twice and i love it now.so if she never dyed it but decided to dye it now then there might be a problem.

there was some sort of lifetime movie i saw but it was a home owner or a person out to share a rent and she tryed to mimic the lady. creepy people out there!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• No I no longer work there. Haven't for awhile and I would have thought nothing of it except that she started to cry when he pointed it out.

I don't think she will go after the new guy, and even if she does he would turn her down. She was only 19 when she did what she did with my husband. He thinks she is too young and he said she still acts like a little kid. She is just weird. I thought that when I knew her before and I think that now.
    viola_swamp

Answer by viola_swamp at 9:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• That is totally weird! I agree with samurai chica, she is trying to take your place because she is infatuated with you. She is trying to become you. CREEPY! Plus, now that it's been a while and the charm of the new girl has worn off your ex is probably starting to realize that she doesn't match up to you and that you were waaay better. She is probably seeing him realize that and getting even more insecure.

I always remember what Candice Bergen said in the movie "The Women," she said "Nothing will send a man running back to his wife fast than some extended time with his mistress." Too bad for him that ship has sailed!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I love your answer Mrs. Pulley. I just recently cut my hair short. I know hers is long if she cuts her hair short I'm runnin' for the hills.
    viola_swamp

Answer by viola_swamp at 9:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2010