TMI, please Answer inside. :(

My doctor told me Ill continue to get Yeast infections every month right before my period starts. She told me I can use a Douche...a Vinager and Water based douche..

i took the medicine for a yeast infection on Thursday and I'm feeling no relief still...She told me to Douche after my period so I also clean out from the blood...she said Id get relief from the yeast infection...

But my question is--Can I use a douche now, before my period for my relief???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why are you getting yeast infections? Did she tell you why?

My sister was on a BC pill that gave her a yeast infection like that, right before her period every month. If that is the case...switch BC pills.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Your Dr told you to douche? I find that really strange. You should get yourself a bottle of acidophilus and take one a day everyday, and I also take RepHresh Pro-B everyday. I wouldn't douche because it makes the imbalance in your vagina worse. IMO... Maybe you should also see another Dr for a second opinion. I have suffered for yrs with a yeast infection right before my period and I had the Novasure procedure, (cervical ablation) last September and haven't had a yeast infection since... PM me if you need anything! GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have an IUD...she said it was my hormonal imbalance...thats why im getting them :-/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Personally, I would get a second opinion. There might be a better method to keeping you from getting yeast infections that your doctor isn't telling you, or doesn't know about.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Damn... I would get rid of the IUD. I have one and never had that issue. I can deal with the weight gain and the acne, but a chronic yeast infection... no way!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• most doctors will tell you not to douche. That pushes all the stuff that your body is normally trying to expell back up inside. I too would seek a second opinion. I would also think about getting rid of the IUD. NOt worth the convience of it as bc if it's causing problems. GL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• well...this was also coming from the doctor who told me i was pregnant and first thing she brought up was "Abortion" helll no!!! ive got my lovely daughter on my lap and im proud of my choice! shes gonna be 1 saturday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I'd find another doctor. Douching isn't healthy for you.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:07 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• start eating yogurt...and lots of it. i would get a second opinion about douching. no docs recommend that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• they told me to use a Vinager and Water base so it wont hurt me system. she told me to use it once a month though. I dont think its nessacary, but ill take any advice i can get to keep these infections away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2010