What is the best way to dry up your breast milk?

So my son was born 3/30 and my breast milk came in the 1st Saturday of April. I am not breast feeding ( no harsh comments please) I took care of my engorgement but here I am still leaking. Not a lot but a trickle here and there enough to make me have to wear a bra all day/night.

I didn't have this problem with my first pregnancy. So what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do not express any of it and it should slowly go down to nothing...unless you are like me who after a year was still having some leakage.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• It took me about a month to fully dry up. Two months later if I get too much stimulation (dh lol) they still leak a little bit. I agree with pp, don't express any of it. Try to avoid nipple stimulation too. Eventually it will happen!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Put frozen cabbage leaves in your bra. That's what the lactation consultant told our class when I was in nursing school. My cousin did that with her first baby and it worked.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I put cold cabbage in my bra while at home. The doc said that there was something in the cabbage to hlp drying and the cold releaves pain and swelling.
    sunnieday

Answer by sunnieday at 11:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• cabbage leaves
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2010