BabyShower Ideas

So im Due the 1st week of June and was under the assumption that for sure my mom sister or a close family memeber was going to throw me a suprise baby shower party..it is now getting close to the end of april and i have all of my family members and friends calling me inquiring about an event that apparently wasnt thought about but would of been planned had i known i had to plan it myself. now with just one month to cram all the party plans and invitation list in a small period of time im wondering if i should just plan on having an after the Baby is Born baby shower so i can 1. get the gifts i really want 2.give people enough time to place my date in there busy scheduals. whats a party with out your favoriate people there to celebrate with you?
So My question is Do i try to just have the Baby Shower in May or Should i wait til late June when my baby boy is here already?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There is nothing wrong with having a shower after the baby is born. People love to ooh and ahh at a cute baby even more than they like to ooh and aah at cute baby clothes! Just make sure you have a plan in mind about how many people you are going to let hold the baby. Sometimes too many new people can be overstimulating for a new baby and it's best to just say "no holding the baby today" in that sort of a setting. Most people should understand that.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• It's totally bad form to throw your own baby shower. It would be nice for someone to throw one for you, but it's just straight up tacky to do your own. If someone wants to give you one, it is fine to do it before or after the baby is born.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2010