Apparently I don't know anything about MY baby that I spend ALL day with!

MIL wanted to get my 4mo old DD for the day saturday. One of her friends was having a bday party for her 3 yr old, so she wanted to take her. I let her. Then when she brought her home about 7 hours later she kept asking me dd was sick. I told her no, she's fine why? She said she dd just started screaming bloody murder out of no where. I told her she was probablytired! We have this conversation EVERY time MIL has her! When she gets too tired she SCREAMS, full on ear piercing tears screaming. 99% of the time she is perfectly happy and smiles. But if she's too tired or too hungry she cries. But my MIL is insistant that *something* is wrong because Dh never cried like that. She keeps telling me to tak her to the dr. and find out what's wrong. And she says its night right she only poops once a day. Since the day she was born she's only pooped once! Don't think I have a question here... Just annoyed and wanted to share :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love it when others try to tell you about your own child. I just smile and say thanks for the concern but I know what I'm doing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• everytime i brought my baby over to my own mother's house...she always though he had a gas problem. he was always crabby when he was around her house idk why but she liked to hold him a certain way because "that would calm his gas problems" lol i mean seriously...he was never a gassy baby and never had any problems but she had it stuck in her head that he's crabby cause he has gas lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Wow... that sounds like baby care 101 to me. That's not even something specific to your baby. All babies cry when they get tired or hungry. That all sounds perfectly normal and healthy. Why not just call her after the next well visit and say "Oh the doctor says she's fine, she probably just cries because she's tired or hungry." You don't really have to ask him, just appease her. Sometimes you can't reason with unreasonable people! LOL!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• ugh! MIL's suck! they always feel they know whats best for your child
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 10:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• lol, gotta love the mil advice line...how would we EVER survive without thier wise knowledge about EVERYTHING,lol. Wait a couple days, call her and just tell her you took the baby to the doctor and that the doctor said she's fine,nothing to worry about and that its normal for a baby to scream when they are tired. My daughter was and still IS like that. My son, not so much...totally opposite from eachother actually. My son was likea Godsend angel baby that even slept through the night from 2 weeks on,lol.
    But I would just tell he rthat to get her off your case.And I think its great your baby poops once a day at 4 months...a lot of babies don't do that.FOr my daughter her normal was once everything 3-4 days and it worried the crap out of me but doctor assured me it was 'her normal' everyones body is different. Good Luck and try not to let her bother you too much. Listen to her advice with a smile and nod, keep the peace,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yeah gotta love the MIL advice. My dd fights sleep. All my kids did. They'd be soooo tired but they fought it and fought it and fought. Easter we were at the In laws and DD was fighting it again. She goes in her room and brings me a bottle of kids..KIDS TYLENOL... Hiefer told me to give to her so she can sleep. I told her she had lost her mind. She said she did that to Dh every night so he'd shut up and go to sleep.

Wonderful advice there nutso.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• How ANNOYING. If it were me,I'd have my husband talk to her (it is his mom after all ) and tell her that there is nothing wrong with your baby and she needs to stop making it seem like there is.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2010