What funny thing was/is your child scared of?

When my daughter was 1 she was playing in my moms kitchen and a bag of potatoes fell over.She froze and then freaked because she couldn't get out. So then I came up with an idea,I put all the potatoes where i didnt want her to go and she wouldnt even try lol.I even took my owm potatoes to people houses and set them in fromt of things i didnt want her to break. IT WORKED WONDERS lol.
what is your kid scared of lol

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 10:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow!! That is amazing! John Watson would be proud of you lol!

My son is afraid of people in character costumes like mascots at sports events or characters in theme parks (Fog Horn Leghorn and the likes). He clings to us and gets really freaked out, and if they come too close he screams and cries. He even hated the Easter Bunny! I just don't push him to go near them and hopefully his fear will go away when he is older. Other than that he's not afraid of anything at all.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• We remodeled one of our bathrooms when my son was about 2. He was terrified to walk past the bathroom door until it was competely finished.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Oh, and my daughter was afraid of being blown away by the wind after watching The Wizard of Oz when she was two.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• When my DD was about 2 dust bunnies would scare the crap out of her when the attic fan was on. With a dog and 3 cats, it was difficult to keep them under control 24/7.

Same child has always been terrified and we're talking climbing up me terrified of peacocks. It started at around 6 months. She is now 10 and really despises them. Our zoo is filled with them just wandering. If one is coming in our direction she will move kind of behind me so I can protect her from the bid, bad, er, uh peacock.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• DD is just 4 months old. But the other day she was really laughing for the first time. So I tried t ocall my mom so she could hear it. I had the phone on speaker phone and when it rang DD spazed out and started SCREAMING! no giggles for grandma! lol
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My daughter is scared of dolls. She can't even look at a doll or be in the same room as one. The reason behind it is not funny. But outwardly, it does seem like a weird thing to be scared of.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My oldest son used to be scared of Tickle Me Elmo. I don't blame him, that thing was freaky. He outgrew his fear though.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:06 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• When my oldest son was 3 he was scared of dirty sock. Heck if I know how it started but I tell you he would never wear the same socks twice in a row. If he saw a dirty sock on the floor he freaked and would cry. He stopped but at the time I thought he'd gone bonkers.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• those booba things. My kids are 12 and 9 and they have to change the channel when they see a comercial. Freaks them out! Oh and my oldest is scared of spiders. He cries when he sees one in the house close to him....poor thing lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• The little fuzzies your socks leave between your toes? DS thinks they are bugs in the bath tub!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2010