Sexual Disorientation?

So I saw this in a group recently. It is when someone believes they were born in the wrong body. Like they were born female but thought they should've been born male.

What's your take on this religiously? Where does it fit? Demon possession? Natural? Mental issues?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• MPO is that we are all born the way we are born for a reason. We may feel like we should be the other sex. But changing it IMO is wrong. Just like gays/les I don't think its wrong to love some one same as you (you should love everyone) but the act of laying together is. Just like any other sin ~ We may want to kill some one but we don't put that into actions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I don't really know enough about it to say. I've never personally known anyone in that situation and only know what I've seen on TV. All I can say is that I certainly don't think it's demonic possession, and I kind think it's weird that that was one of the choices...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I believe that we are all born male or female for a reason and someone who feels that way needs counseling to deal with their feelings. I bet it can be very difficult to live with. To get a sex change to deal with it or to fall into homosexuality i believe is wrong.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I don't know. I was born a girl and always felt like I was a girl but I think this is mostly because I'm a girl not because of some orientation I'm born with. I can't put myself in these peoples shoes so I don't know what they are thinking or feeling.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• The enemy always tries to make people think they are something they are not whether it be male, female, killers, rapists, molesters; the list goes on. They are just victims of the evil one like we all are. I too at one time was under the impression that I should have been male, but I am very grateful I am female. They were just lies to try to get me to sin against my Father. Just another way to rebel against Yahweh's will. If he wanted me male he would have made me that way. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I do believe that those people chose to be the gender they are in this life, and it may be that they have been the other gender so many times that it is a hard adjustment for them and they may regret the decision. I personally feel like I have been male many times, and this time (and others) have chosen to be a female to learn certain lessons (taming aggression? learning to be patient, forgiving and nurturing?)

I also believe that we are all on a sliding scale of gender f___________m and you can be anywhere on that scale... closer to one end or the other, or somewhere in the middle.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 12:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• You are born that way. I know how it feels. I have felt this way since I was a very young child.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• They are called transgender, it is not demonic possession or any of the other things you said, it is something that happens at conception, a hormonal disbalance of some sort. Many of these people grow to live happy lives once they determine who they want to be in their lives, everyday there are sex changes done to facilitate closure, and continue living a normal life. It is not a sin, just like being gay is also not a sin, it is who they are. Religion has no place to determine the outcome of their lives, unless of course you go by the Bible, then they would be miserable in the wrong body, and I am sure Jesus would want their happiness as well.

Answer by older at 12:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I personally believe that while God established the way we procreate and pass on genes and so forth that things like this can legitimately happen. So I do believe it is something that someone is born with and is a legitimate thing - and given that, I believe that choosing to fix it is something that people should be able to do.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I'm sorry the demon possession think is silly. Mental issues is just some thing people use to blame it on. older is right it is called transgender. It is a natural thing based off of their brain make up. A womens brain is able to use both sides with ease. She can be emotional and logical all at the same time, she also has certain chemicals. A mans has to completely shut down the one side to move to the other. Men do not use emotion and logical sense at the same time it is one or the other. The also have completely different chemicals. Some times some one born into one sex have the brain make up of the opposite sex. It is the way they were born, and to fault them for it would be similar to fault some one for skin, eye, and hair color. This is some thing they can't control, so why insult it or classify it as a problem instead of just learning to understand it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010