food for a 1 yr old

what do you feed your 1yr old and how much in a day? juice, water, milk, solid foods, snacks etc... wat kind of foods and snacks? need some ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I kept juice down to 4 oz per day, milk as often as wanted, water inbetween, I pureed everything we ate and snacks were things like cherrios,/graham crackers
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My 1 year old is 14 months. Heres a typical day for her:
    b.fast:
    1 bluberry pancake with syrup
    1 danoninos yogurt
    either cut up fresh fruit(it was blueberries today) or a fruit cup
    sippy cup of juice mixed with water

snack: pepperridge farm baby mini fish crackers,sippy cup of water

8 ounce of milk

lunch: macaroni and cheese
    peas (out of can because they are softer than the fresh)
    1 piece of bread with butter
    sippy cup of water (she won't drink milk with meals for some reason,lol)

snack: grahm crackers with peanut butter
    sippy cup of apple juice

Dinner: whatever we are having, last night she ate cut up roast beef,roasted potatoes,roasted carrots and bread&butter
    water

8 ounce of milk

------------
    Thats just one day other stuff is any kind of pasta with sauce,any kind o
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• sorry..it cut me off,lol

any kind of vegetable either canned or cooked down till soft, she loves all fruits. I buy fresh and cut it up and I also buy the cups of fruit,her favorite is the tropical fruit and pears
    She like saltine crackers
    Yesturday I gave her a half of turkey sandwhich with cheese...cut into strips...before she was able to handle the strips, I used to cut it up into very tiny pieces
    she eats cheese sticks...motzarella is pretty soft and she really likes that

pretzals,cut up turkey,when we have tacos she like to eat the ground beef with shredded cheese on top

I recently started giving her salad with little bit of dressing..but everythign is cut up VERY tiny. (I'm a worry wart when it comes to choking,lol)

avocados cut up, cottage cheese either plain or sometimes I'll mix it with diced pineapples
    HAve fun and experiement! You never know what they will like! :)

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Mine would have:

Either blueberry waffle plain or with peanut butter and syrup, scambled egg and sausage biscuit, some cereal(multi-bran Chex, shredded wheat with strawberries in the middle, Kix, Plain Cheerios w/ honey drizzle), Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat or Malt o Meal. And O.j. or Milk

Lunch:
    Beef Stew w/ added mixed veggies, Goulash(mac and cheese, hamburger meat and tomatoes), Peanut butter sandwich, Hamburger patty and mixed veggies, Homemade Chicken Pot Pie w/ Veggies, or grilled cheese
    And O.j or milk

Supper:
    Whatever we had, but, before seasonings or oil or gravy or anything not healthy for kids. LOL Oj or milk

He had water throughout the day. Snacks when he wanted some were: Cereals(healthy), yogurt, fruits, Little Debbie Apple Flips.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My son could hold and eat and chew well. If yours can't your can always mash the foods up or puree. LOL My son was holding and eating a kid burger by 9.5 months...So, I didn't have to make anything soft.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Any foods that are easily mushable or chewed are okay for your child to eat. My son is 19 months and this is the varity of foods that he eats. If you're just starting out with solid foods, then start with things that are easily mashed and swallowed without much effort. My son had a horrible time learning on solid foods, because he wouldn't chew. So it takes some patients.

Things my son eats:

Rice and Veggies
    Lunch Meat. He likes Roast Beef and Turkey.
    Pizza.
    Cheese. He prefers Colby Monteray Jack.
    Tortilla with Peanut Butter or Peanut Butter Toast
    Baked Beans.
    Chicken Noodle Soup hold the broth. That is my life savor. Cook soup, drain, let cool, and serve. I use the Hardy kind, not the condensed, though he likes that too.
    (Contin)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• He doesn't like green veggies. He won't even try them, which I think is kind of funny. He loves Corn. He does like green beans in Cream of Mushroom soup though.

Tuna Casarole
    Alfredo with Chicken
    He doesn't like meats until they're mixed in something or it's lunch meat. He won't even touch hamburger.

He eats about a cup of food each meal. I have tried feeding him more, as most kids seem to eat more, but he just doesn't finish it. Therefore, I stick to the 1 cup of food a meal. It does vary on some days though. I feed him three meals a day and rarely do I give him snacks. Not because of other reason then he rarely wants any. When he does he gets cheerios or goldfish crackers. He gets roughly about 5 oz's of milk with each meal and then milk with nap and bedtime. I only give him occassional juice and he'll only drink Grape juice. When I do give him juice it's 4-5 oz's not diluted.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My kids were eating pretty much what the rest of the family was eating when they were a year old. There was very little they didn't eat. Snacks were usually low-sugar cereal, crackers, soft fruits/veggies, etc.
    Anonymous

• Today my son had: a handful of cheerios and a 4 oz yogurt for breakfast, peanut butter crackers for snack, for lunch he had a slice of cheese melted on whole wheat toast and some blueberries, for snack he had a banana, for supper he had hibachi steak and veggies w/ rice (we went out to a Japanese restaurant) and when we got home he had some cooked apples for dessert (I steam them and add a little bit of cinnamon and a pinch of brown sugar) He gets 2 cups of milk/day and then water after that. Juice for a treat maybe once/week..

Answer by missanc at 8:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Oh - my son is 17 months