Did your DH see your wedding dress before the wedding? Or did you suprise him?

Fiance is a fashion designer. I know...super gay...LOL! (he is actually quite the MAN). But, he is GREAT at his job. He just has a knack for finding what looks best on people. So, i got my dress today & it seams like it will need alterations. Fiance wants to see me in the dress before i take it anywhere. Heck, he probably wants to make the alterations. I kind of want him to see it because his 2 cents means a lot to me, & he is an expert. He is my "girlfrind" when it comes to all my clothes. He knows what looks best on me & he kows my body & ALWAYS knows what to shop for.

All my girlfriends advise against it & i'm just finding it so annoying. I mean, it's my wedding, not theirs. If you were in my shoes would you let your professional fiance look at the dress??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did.. If it makes YOU feel better then let him. It's your wedding I wouldn't worry about myths..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yes. My husband and two of my boys are great at finding clothes that look great on women. My daughter not so much. So guess who goes shopping with me? Also My husband did see my dress it was his mothers. I tried it on at their house. No bad luck here. We will be married 26 years this June.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I went the traditional route. My husband didn't see my dress until I was walking down the aisle. You don't have to stick with tradition though if neither one of you care. I just think it's a special magical moment for your husband to get the first look of you in your dress during the wedding.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I would put a paper sack ove rmy head so he wasnt seeing me in the dress...just the dress lol. its up to you if you dont care if he sees it beforehand...i dont think it is bad luck.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My DH saw my dress before the big day. He even helped me pick it out, lol. Honestly, it is your wedding. It is about what you want.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My husband didn't see my dress before the wedding. I wanted to be traditional and surprise him. I will never forget the look on his face when he saw me at the end of the aisle, in my wedding dress. I thought he was going to pass out,LOL!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I didn't let my husband see my dress BUT if he were a professional and I don't see the problem. It's a fun tradition, but that's all it is. Besides, if there is anyone who wants to see you looking beautiful on your wedding day it's him! Who can you trust to do a better job?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• He did not see it. I didn't want him to and he had no problems with it. He liked being surprised.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I wore my mom's dress (after she did some alterations on it) and my hubs did not see the dress until our wedding. He did see pictures of the dress, and pictures from my parents wedding so he kind of had an idea of what the dress looked like.

With your wedding dress, if you feel comfortable and want your DF to see the dress and give his opinion, why not? It sounds like he would know what he is talking about, and I think it is great that he wants to see it and possibly even alter it (if needed). If it were me and my man knew about such things you bet I would ask him for his opinion!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Mine didn't see my dress beforehand, but if we were going to do it again, I think I might have him come with me to look for dresses! Like your husband, mine really does know what looks best on my body-type, sometimes he knows better than I do! If you want to look great and don't care about the tradition then go for it. He will still be blown away when the big day comes b/c you will have your hair and make-up done. It is never a good idea to ask girlfrends about this kind of thing, just like it is really never a good idea to bring your entire family w/ you to try on wedding dresses, as is constantly demonstrated in the show "Say yes to the dress.'
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2010