Screamin Child

Im more than certain that my 11month old daughter is teething. She now has 7 teeth and I can see 3 molars coming in now. Ive given her tylenol and it seems to do nothing, as well as motrin, orajel, teething tablets, and she hates/or doesnt put cold chewing things in her mouth, like teething toys, ice pops, washclothes....she just ate and wont even eat a cold pancake.

Before I make an appointment, are there ANY OTHER recommendations I should try?? Also, I am starting to lose patience with all the crying. Any suggestions besides the obvious of "take a deep breath, breathe, have patience."??

Oh AND she just started drinking milk and formula mixed for about a month now. She hasnt started crying until now.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're probably right about the teething but there's always a chance it could be something else too. I would definitely make an appointment with the doctor if for nothing else than some peace of mind. They may have some ideas that most of us just don't think of. My youngest one's teething was accompanied with constipation. She screamed because her mouth was hurting and she also screamed because her tummy was hurting. When you're focused so hard on the one issue that you're pretty sure is the cause of all the pain other possibilities may slip your mind. I do recommend giving yourself a time out every now and again and just putting her in her crib for a while to CIO if you are to the point that when you just can't take the screaming anymore. I feel your pain. My youngest had 8 teeth by 11 months. That's a whole lot of teething going on all at once. Good luck Mama.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• put her in her crib and cry it out--you have tried everything and if nothing helps she will have to figure it out how to sooth herself--if you take her to the doctor are they really going to do anything?? When my kids cried and cried and nothing I did helped them, I would let them cry it out and they would eventually nap and wake up happy.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• also try a change of scenery. take her out for a walk or a car trip or shopping....my son would be miserable when he was teething and the only thing that would help is distracting him....good luck....
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2010