Any cheap ideas to do as a craft with girl scout troop??

My daughter is in a girl scout troop and I am trying to think of something to do with the troop for Earth Day...

mistym31

Asked by mistym31 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I made birdfeeders with my troop of daisies... Pine cones rolled in peanut butter then rolled into bird seed. Easy and very inexpensive.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:30 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Plant some seeds- use paper cups, potting soil, and make fun tags out of paper & popsicle sticks so they can add a picture of what they planted. Seeds are super cheap through the American Seed Company, and they carry all sorts of heirloom varieties.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:30 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Bird feeders. Toilet paper or paper towel tubes, coat in peanut butter, roll in bird seed, hang with yarn or twine. My kids love doing these every year!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• go clean a park! it is free! i guess that is much more of an activity than a craft though, sorry!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Make homeade paper out of recycled stuff. Put glitter and food coloring in it.
    Make pinwheels out of recycled stuff. Cereal boxes, bread wrapper twisti ties or pipe cleaners, pencils around the house.
    Make homeade soaps and use the bottoms of water bottles for the mold and insert a toy...ok this is not cheap though.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• You can go to the dollar store and buy some flip flops but check sizes for each girl. Tell the girls to bring any shirts or old clothes that they dont want anymore. Rip the old clothes into strips and tie onto flip flops. Girls LOVE flip flops....lol They can swap strips with one another.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• go to makingfriends.com

They have activities and craft projects specifically for girl scouts. They can complete badges and they are so much fun.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2010