How do you get quality time with...

Yourself? Lately I feel like I spend way to much time having quality time with my daughter, my fiance, and then all of us together as a family. But how on Earth can I get some quality time with myself?

Here is a typical day at my house. Hubby goes to work @ 7:30am. My daughter and I get up at 9. I spend my whole day between cleaning and playing with my daughter. Hubby gets home @ 4:30pm. The three of us then play together, eat dinner, play some more, watch a movie, and then my daughter goes to bed at 9. Then...hubby wants me to spend quality alone time with him...EVERY NIGHT (watching a movie, playing a game, talking, etc.) Where is my alone time?! I would love to be able to sit and read a book in peace or go for a loooon walk....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• i eat dinner alone, just to be alone. he eats in front of the tv and i stay in the kitchen with the paper, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• do you have your mother around? i get my alone time when my mother watches my son, and my SO is either at work or sleeping (he works overnight). if not ... when your daughter goes eventually goes to school! lol.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I know how you feel I don't get alone time either. my DH leaves for work at 7:30am and then that is about the time my younests gets up in the morning. My oldest wakes up about8:30am. I feed them breafast. Clean house (noone I mean noone knows how to clean up after themselves lol), I feed the kids lunch. I put my youngest down for a nap at 1pm then my oldest wont nap anymore even if I put her in my room to watch tv while her sister is napping and tell her do not come down for anything until your sister wakes up doesn't mean she is going to stay there (she usually don't either) she is always coming down asking for this or that. my DH gets home at about 6 we eat dinner baths, snack then bedtime for my yongest at 8. I then clean up the house again. My oldest goes to bed at 8:30pm and she will keep coming down asking questions or asking for something or what not until about 11 so ya I know how you feel
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• those alone times are few and far in between. How about the weekend? Let hubby watch the baby and go out and have some alone time one day a week...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• so what I do is I take a bath before the girls go to bed or they wont leave me a lone. I tell my DH to keep them down stairs (I make sure they go potty before I get in the tub so they wont come bother me) I take a book in the tub and I read while I am in the tub this is the ONLY time I get to myself
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2010

• ditto, i take a nice long shower. thats about all the alone time i get. lol i dont mind the family time though. as long as i get atleast some sort of 15 break to myself
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have two designated "Me" times.
    1. A period of time in the afternoons when my kids can play independently on the floor in the living room and I just hang back and read a book.
    2. Grocery shopping. I have my husband watch the kids once a week in the evenings and I drive VERY slowly to the grocery store, do my shopping and then take a different scenic route home every time. It's one night a week when my husband is in charge of the bedtime routine. He can handle it once a week. I like my evening drives. It gives me some quiet time to reflect or sometimes I just listen to the radio, whatever station I want to listen to however loud I want to listen to it.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2010