How do you get your chid ( 18 month old) to not hit ?

It feels like I have done everything ! My daughter never really did it when she was little...so this is sort of new for me. He constantly tries to hit her and the dogs and sometimes me but mainly DD and dogs) ...and he mostly tries to hit with things ( like toys or sippie cup) ...

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My best friend has been having this same problem with her almost 2 yr old for a while now. He hits and smacks and bites. I think it all lies in the way you respond to them. Be firm in your voice. DO NOT laugh no matter how funny it is. And use time outs even if you have to hold him there for 1 minute. Eventually he will realize you mean business and he is not going to like the time outs.Be consistent firm and time out EVERY single time it happens. Even if it doesn't hurt anyone at that time, time out anyway. He will get the message and stop doing it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2010