OMG! My neighbor blames me for her child getting hit by a car !!!???!!!

We live on a preety nice street ( all the houses are nice except maybe 2 of them) and most of the people are older except us and the house across the street ( one of the un-nice houses). We have never reallly had any contact with them ( I honestly think they do drugs over there and they often have parties) ..

Anyways, yesterday i was out in the yard messing around with my flower bed..and they had a bunch of kids in their yard ( which is common I am not even sure which ones actually live there or not because they are always there) ... one of the younger ones ( maybe 5) kept running out in the street and then across the street ( he was purpoisly throwing his ball out there to run and get it) and when he threw it into my yard I told him he better be careful because he is going to get hit by a car, he goes "yeah, yeah" and went back to playing. So he kept doing it and like 30 mintues later I was out back getting * continue

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the hose and heard a car screech and yelling and ran around to see what happened....a car did come up and hit him -- it didnt really hurt him, just basicaly knock him down and he really only had a scratch on his leg -- the mom didnt even call 911 or anything. It was an old couple that hit him and they looked more shaken up than the kid or mom...

THEN when the mom seen me, she yelled across the road at me and said " Why wasnt you watching ? " ....I was completely floored and didint even know what to say ( I was speechless that she would even say that) ..A little later the elder couple called the cops and I ( was inside, looking out the window) and I seen her point at my house as she was talking to the cop...And I told him when he came over to ask me, that I have never talked to them before and I felt badly for the boy but it wasnt my place to watch him. I just dont get how she blamed me !!!!
    Anonymous

• Because it's easier to blame you than to have to take the responsibility on herself. Didn't you know that for some people everything is someone else's fault?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• What a whack job. It's not your responsibilty to watch her children, you don't even know them. Maybe this happening will open up a cps case against her and they can check out what is going on in that house.I would have been shocked for getting blamed too. Glad the little boy was okay though. It could have been much worse.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• She's blaming you because she doesn't want to accept the blame that is rightfully hers. It's very hard to admit it's your fault when your child is hurt (or almost hurt). It's not right, but denial is a natural reaction for a lot of people.
    Anonymous

• she did that so she wouldnt take responsibility for herself as a parent. It was negligent on her part... she is the parent of those kids... so she is shifting the blame on to you. I am glad the elderly people called the cops. I have hit someone before and it is scary... wasn't my fault either but still the thought of possibly killing someone! Not an experience I wish upon anyone.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• agree with canadianmom, it's just easier to blame you. SHE should be watching her own kids!!! what a piece, how you were thinking it i just said it :)
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• BULL HOCKEY!!!
    if you were getting paid that would be a different story but since it seems that you don't even know them by their name. i think she just wanted to blame some one cause she knew she wasn't paying attention. and i wouldn't be suprised if your right about the drugs.
    i hope the cops realize whats going on and don't press charges. and i hope today is better then yesterday for you.
    bikerchickmommy

Answer by bikerchickmommy at 12:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• She's nuts. Sometimes is best to just leave the crazy people alone.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i would have told her he is not my child he is yours.. it not like you pushed him the street..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• She feels guilty for not watching her own kid and now he's hurt so she has to blame somebody. I'd ignore her, she sounds nuts.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010