Showers?

Was just wondering what diffrent people do. What do you do with your child thats a toddler when you are taking a shower? if you dont have anyone to watch them while you do?

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Either I wait until my toddler is in bed asleep, wait until my husband is home or he takes a shower with me.
    mysteriousdaze

Answer by mysteriousdaze at 12:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• put a movie on for her, giver her a lil snack, some juice or something and away i go!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I put my kiddos into their crib with some toys and take the monitor with me into the bathroom.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I put him in his room with a movie or tv show on. He can't get into anything except his toys and he can come in the bathroom if he needs me. I also leave the bathroom door open half way. Sometimes he showers with me and sometimes he plays in the bathroom. He is 3 1/2 now, I've been doing this for about a year, maybe less.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Sometimes I take him in the shower with me (which is funny, because he won't stand up, he insists on sitting since that's what I have taught him to do in the tub), other times I shut the door to my bedroom (with him in there) and leave the bathroom door open so I can at least hear him - and I take a quick shower!

Answer by missanc at 12:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• my little one loves to talk to me while i'm inthe shower. sometimes she watches tv other times she hangs out in the bathroom playing with the toliet bowl brush "cleaning the toliet" for mommy
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I usually take my shower before they wake up. If I sleep in on the weekend and no one is home to watch them, I take a shower during nap time.
    Anonymous

• I've either put on the TV for them, or bring them in the bathroom and shut the door with a few toys. The best obviously is to try to take it before they wake up, but that doesn't always work out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I have a 34 month old and a 19 month-old. They enjoy sitting reading books in the pack n' play while I shower. If they don't want to do that, I just close the upstairs baby gate and close off all rooms except theirs and the bathroom, leave a few books and toys out, and they entertain themselves. I keep my showers short when I'm alone with them and stick to the essentials... I am confident that their play space is safe and I could hear them if they needed me.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• He either goes in the crib and watches TV or he gets in the shower with me. Some people I know are able to let their toddler in the living room or something while they take a quick shower but I already know all hell would break loose if I let my kid go unattended for even 5 minutes!
    Anonymous