Anybody had major dental work done?

Like partials, dentures, extractions etc? I have really bad teeth from a bad past of meth use. It was years ago but my teeth are just rotting out badly now. I am so scared of the dentist but my teeth and breath from the rotting teeth are awful!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Health

• i'm in the middle of an aggressive dental treatment plan due to lack of dental insurance all my life until i got benefits with my career as an adult. even though i've still got a long way to go, finding a dentist who cares about my health and my smile was the best decision i could have made. i just recovered from a 5-tooth extraction (4 wisdom + 1 molar). it's painful but it's over, and now i'm moving on to the next step in treatment.

if you are serious, take that first step. you have the power to wallow in your past or be a better person with a better smile. and don't forget that poor dental hygiene has been linked to heart disease. all that bacteria can get into your blood stream.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• im in the same situation as you mellypoo, but i just started. I just got all the decay out and got temorary fillings except the ones that need to get pulled. I will not lie it will be painful but it is well worth it and it will make you feel much better. with what i just got done im already feeling better than i did before. your teeth are more important than you may think and you will be much healthier.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 2:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I just had 3 extractions ( 1 wisdom and 2 molars) all 3 in a row :( I waited WAAAAYYY too long to get the work done. I am not done have work on them either. I go back next week and we are going to go from there (fillings and such) I was so freaking scared and I cried the whole time but I kept telling myself that I could do it, it will be worth it. Unfortunately, now 1 week later I have "dry socket" wich is inflammation and I am back on antibiotics. I am still waiting to feel better, but I know its not really a quick and easy process!! You can do it!!!!!!! Good Luck :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Last year I had 6 teeth removed (3 molars and the wisdom teeth under them) I was in so much pain i couldn't ignore it. Best thing i can tell you is once you get in that dentist chair, put yourself in another place in your mind. I went to my "happy" place and it went so much better then I could have hoped. Good luck to you! I still have to go back and get 11 cavities filled. I just don't have the money to do so yet.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• You can join up with my new group, Dental Health and Issues :) I'm 25, and because of my horrid teeth, i had to have ALL of mine taken. I'm now adjusting to life with full dentures. it's not that bad actually. They gave me good drugs to get them pulled, and it was done QUICK, and then after I took tylonol 3's and ibuprophin :)
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 7:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I've had three extractions. One was from a cavaty in a molar when I was about 10 (i was hospitalized for a week from my neck swelling up), one was from a cavaty that came out and I never got it re-filled and it started rotting, another was a crooked wisdom.
    Message me and I'll tell you about them.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 7:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2010