ant bait on pants

My 3-year-old son spilled an ant trap on his khaki pants. My boyfriend says we can wash it carefully by itself in the washing machine, and all will be fine. The ant bait has dried and is rather sticky. It's pretty gross really and I think we should just throw away the pants. What do yall think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you can afford it just throw them away, if not then soak them in a bucket of soapy water. I'd also spray with Shout or some type of spray cleaner. THEN i would wash them again in the washer. You don't want the residue getting in your washer which is why I think you should soak them in a bucket of water first
    Anonymous

• I'd soak and scrub and THEN wash in the machine. Also, before you soak try rubbing the sticky stuff with an ice cube. Works for gum on clothing so it might work on ant bait lol.
    Anonymous