• In the Spotlight:

My kids will only eat chicken or beef. Any recipe ideas?

No fish or seafood, lamb or pork.

I am tired of baked chicken, fried chicken, chicken parm, chicken vesuvio, chicken and noodles, chicken soup, chicken burgers,

hamburgers, beef stew or soup, chili, meatloaf and meatballs, spaghetti, goulash or any other pasta with meat sauce.

Any ideas? I'm open to vegetarian ideas. Thanks in advance.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 1:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• chicken or beef tacos
    chicken or beef quesadias (I think thats spelled wrong, but you knw what I mean,lol)
    chicken enchiladas
    meat stuffed shells or manicotti
    fiesta taco skillet
    beef mixed with tomato soup,cooked macaroni noodles,cooked onions and green peppers
    shredded bbq chicken sandwiches
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• healthy - i buy chicken thighs, put adobo on them & bake them on 350 for about an hr & a hlf or until there nice & brown, i sautee some broccoli & whatever other veggies u want/like, and either make my own sauce or buy some ragu, make some whole grain speggati or pasta and pour the sauce on the chicken, veggies, & pasta. a lil parm cheese if u want.
    kind of healthy - breaded chicken breasts, put them in a baking tin, and pour campbells cream of chicken soup in to fill up tin with chicken, bake in the oven for an hour or so, cook white rice or whatever kind of rice you want, make some extra campbells soup to pour on the rice. *this is my fav*
    not so healthy but delicious - thin chicken breasts, spread on a layer of cream cheese & chives or whatever kind u like, roll it up, and then wrap it in a piece of bacon, bake in the oven for an hr or so. make with whatever sides you want. you can find this recipie online, its called
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• chicken cream cheese bacon wrap i believe. its really good.
    as for beef, im a big fan of london broil. or i also buy beef steak cubes, they say its for stewing but it doesnt matter to me. i cook those in a pan with a little oil, and adobo, i buy egg noodles, and beef gravy. cook the egg noodles, and then pour the gravy and mix in the steak. mix it all together. yum!!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• what about pot roast, roast beef, or beef stroganoff?
    Anonymous

• boneless chicken breast or lean steak cut up and fried in EVOO and steam mixed stir fry veggies and make rice then add a chinese sauce. i use the basic stir fry sauce on the kids' unfortunately the already made sauces are loaded with sodium, which is why i dont use much. when i fry the meat i use garlic and black pepper, am also a big fan of mrs dash seasonings, that alone is enough to add a little twist to any meal and its low or no sodium
    Anonymous