so my application says to account for all periods of unemployment should i put SAHM?

i been a stay at home mom for 7 years...and if i list it what would be some things to list as experience gained?
i am applying for a house keeping position at a nursing home. i used to work as a cna med aide before i had kids....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We had an application come through my workplace a few months ago and the applicant had taken care of her ill grandfather for over 2 years. On her resume, she listed that she was a "Caretaker" in order to explain the break in employment. I think it's necessary to list, otherwise the employer may think you were just sitting around on your butt for several years.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt say "sahm" I would write out a full sentence, well stated that emphasise the organizational skills, volunteer work done, etc that you used while staying at home.

Anonymous

• That is information you would put in a cover letter, not on your resume.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• resume is not needed, in the area of the application it says to list all previous employers and account for all times of unemployment. they time frame i was unemployed i was a stay at home mom. maybe i should put domestic engineer lol jk
    op here
    Anonymous

• Can you people not read it is an application not a resume, no cover letter required. I would just right Mother. Skip the stay at home phrase and don't bother expounding on skills learned or required. They will understand.

Anonymous