Is this o.k to put on a resume?

My brother-in-law states on his resume that there is no chance he will ever fail a drug test. is that appropriate to put on a resume? is that tacky. Why would you even state that? What do you think?

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• It screams "TEST ME"
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• That's kind of a weird thing to add IMO. Not necessary. If the company interested in hiring him does drug testing as part of the hiring process he'll have one done regardless and the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. As long as he passes that says it all right there. If they don't then he has nothing to worry about anyway, they obviously aren't concerned.
    Anonymous

• How childish. I would think it's in his best interest to remove that unnecessary line from his resume.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• As an employer, it would make me think that he probably used to use and is now showing off that he doesn't. Good in a way, but even thinking that he may used to be a druggie (even if he wasn't) would probably make me think twice before hiring him and probably wouldn't be the pick if it came down to him and another prospective hire.
    Anonymous

• I would never put that on a resume
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• No, I wouldn't put that on a resume.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Definitely not. The CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group has lots of tips on resumes, coverletters, etc.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 5:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Nixon, had "I, am not a crook" on his resume
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 7:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• NOT appropriate and I would file his resume in my circular file (aka the garbage can). Talk about giving a red flag.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• No way! That is totally not appropriate for a resume.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2010