My son is having problems in his class and no one will do anything.

I have a 6 yr. old son who is in kendagarden. He is a little rambuncious but I can handle him. His teacher is constantly telling me he is bad and has ADHD I have had him checked and he dose not. I have told the teacher this repeatedly. She allows the kids to tell him he is bad and he comes home crying. The first week of school we had a meeting with her and she said he was causing problems because he didn't know the rules. We asked at that time to change his room the school refused. We have resently found out he has no allergies and took himm off all the meds. he has been on since he was 1 yrs. old and is going through drug withdrawls. We have explained this to the teacher and other school staff yet she keeps telling us he causes problems. Her idea of making him mind is making him sit in the office during resses instead of letting him run it off. What do I do?

Dessylou

Asked by Dessylou at 1:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you had a meeting with both the teacher and the principal and anyone else present? Get them all in one big meeting. That usually helps.

On a side note.....my son is fine unless he has Red Dye #40 Lake. Did you try an elimination diet? Just asking, not saying he is real in need of it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2010