Can I save the urine and use it later for an HPT?

I ordered 5 pregnancy test from www.saveonpregnancytest.com OVER 2 weeks ago and still haven't recieved them.

I really need to take a pregnancy test but I have to go buy one first. I was about to pee on myself (LOL) so I went ahead and peed in a cup.

Can I save it for later?
If so for how long?
And do I need to refridgerate it?
Also what's the best test out there? I've had a lot of false positives with the Clear Blue Easy so I'm not going to get that one. Which one should I get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why not just wait until you have to pee next time to take the test. I don't think I would save pee in a cup on the counter... talk about how weird would it be for someone to stumble upon. "Oh look, a cup of pee on the counter".
    I would just wait until you have to pee.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well it's my first mornings urine and it's just me and the kids at home so no one is going to stuble upon it.

Honestly I didn't ask you if it was weird. I asked if I could...as in will it still work?
    Anonymous

• You can only save it in the fridge for 2 hrs after that things can change and get false readings. So just wait till you get the test and then test. Every test is different and different for everyone. So try another one and see what happens. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• 1st pee means nothing really, ya it COULD have more horomones but you get a positive aanytime during the day if you are in fact pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Why wouldn't you just go to the dollar store and get a HPT? They are the same thing you'd get at Wal-Mart.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• You dont have to use your first morning pee. Any pee should work if you are prego.
    sunnieday

Answer by sunnieday at 8:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2010