Would your husband let you talk to someone you had a 1 night stand with?

My sister got herself in a situation. She met up with a friend at a party. She has known this guy for about 10 years or more. Turns out she had a one night stand with him waaayyy back when. He still comes around to birthday parties and so on. Well, my sister was happy to see him and chatted with him for awhile. He now has 2 boys and my sister is married and has my nephew. My brother in law walked in on them talking and later asked my sister who he was and my sister told him a friend of the family. My bil somehow came out with the comment "well its not like you boned him" and my sister said just once! She was completely honest, stood by my bil the whole night and reassered him there was nothing going on, which there wasn't. The next day my bil told my sister she is not allowed to talk to him just hi and bye. What do you think? Do you think my bil overreacted to something that happened like 8 yrs ago before him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I mean if she's know him for that long and had sex with him once who cares as long as it will never go that route again if she still has a tiny bit of feelings for him then i wouldn't allow it other than that i don't see the big deal he should trust her
    Anonymous

• I had told her to consider his feelings and how would she feel if it was the other way around.
    Anonymous

• My hubby had a one night stand with someone, and I would never allow contact with her again. No Way.
    Anonymous

• In my opinion someone you slept with is a past realtionship. Handle it the same way you handle all your other exes.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I've never had one, but....um................NO.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My SO wouldn't get upset but he is not a jealous man. I'm sure if we talked all the time, he might have a problem but just seeing him around at mutual friends parties and stuff, he wouldn't have a problem with that.
    Anonymous

• wow jealous much? i actually met my husband while i was casually dating (and yes, sleeping with) his best friend! he's now married with 4 kids of his own, and we hang out all the time! his wife and I have become great friends. you have to trust to love. they go together.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Well...first let me just say that my spouse does not "let" or "not let" me do anything. I'm a grown woman and I make my own decisions and do what I want to do.

Now, with that statement out of the way please let me also say that I personally would never want to speak to someone I had a one stand with and I would have never confessed a one night stand to my spouse in the first place. Some things just do not need to be shared.
    momoftwins240

Answer by momoftwins240 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Smart man :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• i would not let my husband talk to a girl he had a one night stand with, and i dont think he would either .. hi bye, thats about it
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2010