i know this is aweful but......

i already have a son, i want a girl now so i can be done having kids.... and i just know its a boy! i dont wanna get excited i dont wanna pick out names, nothing. i havnt gotten a test done but i just am 100% posative that this is another boy.... and im depressed..... sorry for the rant. i WILL be happy with a boy but i will also be dissapointed. i will love him the same...... is this normal?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I FEEL THE SAME. WE KNOW THAT THIS BABY WILL BE OUR LAST DUE TO COMPLICATIONS AND IM SCARED THAT IT WILL BE A BOY AND ILL NEVER GET MY GIRL. BUT IF ITS MEANT TO BE ITS MEANT TO BE AND I WILL LOVE MY LIL MAN JUST AS MUCH AS I LOVE HIS BROTHER.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 6:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• how would you feel if i said "your not good enough and you actually make me sad anon" thats the very feelings you are giving your baby because they can feel stuff..be happy with whatever and actually you are not God to know what you are carrying...ya never know mom it could be a princess either way healthy baby is all that matters.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I am kinda the same. I am pregnant with my 3rd. I have one boy and one girl. I really want this one to be a girl.But I think its a boy.Of course, I will love him,adore him,cherish him, but I do feel that I would be a tad disapointed. Lots of moms have been in your shoes. Don;t feel bad. If it is a boy, once you get over the disappointed, you'll start getting excited about it. Besides..what little boy doesn't want a brother, right?:)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• same thing happened to me. 3rd time is a charm! i finally got my baby girl, and after 2 years i realize that i would have been better off with 3 boys lol! (love her to death but girls are CRAZY!) i felt the same way prego with my 2nd son. every time i went to the dr i asked "is it still a boy?" the need for pink baby things was consuming my every thought. bottom line, what's meant to be will be. you'll love him (or her) no matter what.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Wow, I don't think I would experience that. I have a son and always wanted another child (lost my first pregnancy) and although it would be great to have a girl I don't think I'd be depressed or upset in that way to have another son. I would be just as ecstatic!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• I had one boy and one girl. When I found out I was pregnant with my third I wanted a boy because my son has always been much more laid back than my daughter. I had a boy's name picked out and everything.

I knew from day one that she was a girl though. Some of us just know. That doesn't give you a God complex like someone else has implied. I was bummed at first because I had in my head that all girls are the same and all boys are the same which, in reality, I knew was not the case. If you have a boy you're going to love him just as much as you would any girl. It doesn't mean you won't wonder occassionally how things would have been different with a girl. The great thing about life is that you never know what's going to happen. You may think you are completely done having kids after two. Heck, I thought I was. Then, my little surprise came along and I'm having a lot more fun than I thought I could

You are perfectly normal
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Your feelings are understandable, however first you should really make sure this is a boy or a girl, otherwise you are wasting your sorrows away on something that may or may not be true. Secondly, allow yourself a brief time to mourn your dream of a girl this time around, and then you have to just make yourself move on. Think of the positives and stop allowing yourself to think of the negative. Your son will have a brother- a buddy and playmate and best friend for life, for example. I see where you are coming from but it doesn't do you or the baby or your family any good to hang onto these feelings any longer. Nothing will change it and you knew when you got pregnant there were no guarantees so be happy and healthy and move forward. You can always try again if you really want a girl. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010