For those that use cloth diapers?

How do you like them? Do you buy the fitted kind with the snaps or do you use cloth and pins?
Do they leak a lot?
How much support do they offer?
How often do you change a diaper?
Do you put them on even when you go out to the store or do you use disposable when you do that?
How about overnight, do they work well?
Is there a specific brand that works better?
Are they pretty much easy to use once you get used to them?
How about rashes? Do they get them more?Less?
What is your whole opinion of them in general?
LOL..I know, lots of questions but I am really considering using them with my next baby and would like to know all about them.
Thankyou so much!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How do you like them? Do you buy the fitted kind with the snaps or do you use cloth and pins? I LOVE using cloth, I switched when my oldest was 10 months old, and now have 3 in diapers, I will never go back! Technically, a "Fitted", is a cloth diaper that has the absorbent layers built in but does not have a water resistant layer. I use prefolds with a snappi, and a cover with hook and loop closure on my 6 week old. My older two I use one size pocket diapers on, one size diapers typically fit somewhere in the 8-45 lb. range, pocket diapers have a water resistant layer, and you stuff in the absorbent layer(s).

Do they leak a lot? Some diapers can have wicking issues, especially if left on for long periods of time. Actual full our leaks, blow outs, etc., pretty much unheard of with cloth.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• How much support do they offer?/How often do you change a diaper? As with any diaper a child should not be allowed to stay in a wet dirty diaper for extended periods, they should be changed when wet or dirty. A newborn you'll change more often than an older child. My older boys get changed about every 2 hours during the day, the newborn, even more often.

Do you put them on even when you go out to the store or do you use disposable when you do that? I don't use disposables at all anymore. After learning about the REALLY nasty and dangerous chemicals that are put in disposables, I don't even WANT them on any of my children.

How about overnight, do they work well? Yep, I don't have to worry about overnights at all. I stuff my boy's pocket diapers with 4 microfiber towels for nighttime and they're typically in those diapers from 6pm-7am.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Is there a specific brand that works better? You have to find what works for you and your baby specifically. Different brands fit differently.

Are they pretty much easy to use once you get used to them? Totally easy to use!

How about rashes? Do they get them more?Less? MUCH less!

What is your whole opinion of them in general? Like I said before, I LOVE cloth and would never go back to disposables.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• look at Clothdiapers.com I bought the Oso cozys and they are so cute...I have never used cloth before and cant wait to use them when Barrett is born in july....I plan on using them at night and even when we go out....I'm just torn between making cloth wipes or buying a bunch or just using disposibles.
    Cannons-Mom

Answer by Cannons-Mom at 3:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Cannons-Mom, do cloth wipes, they are SO much more effective than disposables!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• dedicatedrider...thank you so much for all the info! You have been very helpful.
    It shouldn't be such a big decision, but it is to me, lol.
    Again, thankyou so much for ttaking th etime to answer all that!
    Anonymous