A challenger for FOX?

A new conservative network called Right Network is scheduled to launch this summer.

http://www.rightnetwork.com/

The initial report was that Comcast was connected to the launch,. but Comcast is denying it.

More coverage: http://www.mediaite.com/online/comcast-partners-with-conservative-friendly-rightnetwork/

Kelsey Grammer is one of the backers of the new network.

It will be interesting to see what happens when these two networks go head to head.

Asked by gdiamante at 2:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• So, will this be commentary based programming? Sorry, I can't open the link right now. Competition is a good thing! ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Yep, I wonder who they will get to be the head broadcasters and the journalists and reporters? Wonder if they are trying to steal away some of the Fox people? LOL It's a good thing I think but it will take a lot to unseat Fox as the best there is.Guess we will have to wait and see.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• sounds interesting. thanks for sharing.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 2:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• "FOX has the highest ratings out of all of them, I think they will be alright."

What I wonder is if the audience might get a bit split. That could lead to lower revenues for FOX...Rupert won't be happy about it.

BUT I think this is very good for the media landscape overall. MORE voices are better than fewer voices.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• This is great!!! Now we will have another news source for all the lefties who think Fox news is somehow just not reliable!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• What I wonder is if the audience might get a bit split. That could lead to lower revenues for FOX...Rupert won't be happy about it.

ITA
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• Blech. Another not so "fair and balanced" network of T&A.
    Anonymous

• "Now we will have another news source for all the lefties who think Fox news is somehow just not reliable! "

I've always considered Fox NEWS to be reliable. Fox TALKS...that's another matter. The talk shows rely on spin and emotion more than anything else. But talk shows have always been a different kettle o'fish.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• What this demonstrates to me is that free enterprise is recognizing that conservatives are the audience that makes money. I wonder how long before the "died in the wool" liberal main stream media will make the switch to where the money is? Welcome conservative tv.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• recognizing that conservatives are the audience that makes money. I wonder how long before the "died in the wool" liberal main stream media .......

I think it all depends on where that audience happens to be. In Northern CA the liberal audience is the one with the money- Further, I believe the "dyed in the wool" main stream media networks are well aware of their demographic targets.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2010